Some students at my University have started a website of anonymous confessions about things students do, and a friend posted some harmless confessions on her facebook. Here’s my list, inspired by them.
1. My sister confessed to me this week that she had a crush on Gambit, the X Man. I got a little jealous because I liked him too.
2. A student asked me how I make writing essays fun for myself. All I could think of was that it is fun, so I made up a story about rewarding oneself with jelly beans.
3. Every bill in the mail reminds me of how sad it is that no one writes letters anymore.
4. One of my bestest friends sends me periodic presents, and I encourage my neighbors to think that I have a Sugar Daddy rather than just a really caring friend with access to my Amazon wish list.
5. I have a terrible crush on/lust for Eric the Vampire on True Blood. I watch the whole ridiculous show just for the bloody viking. Heck, I watched Battleship because he was in it.
6. If I’m sad, really sad (I won’t say depressed because I’m not sure it counts), I’ll sit down and mainline books. I always come out ready to face the other people in the world again. This weekend’s binge, for example, tallied 8 books, and now I feel refreshed and ready to get work done. I didn’t realize that meant I was an introvert (still, thought I’d grown out of it) until I read a blog about introverts needing alone time to recharge.
7. I get a perverse joy out of making my house look like fratboys live there.
8. When people say “my bad” when they should say “I’m sorry,” I think I should be allowed to make them write lines.
9. If I get too domestic, you know, compulsively cleaning/cooking/worrying about people, I freak out. Some of my friends like to clean when they are stressed, but cleaning causes me to stress.
10. Because I believe in affirmation, I occasionally stand in front of the mirror and call myself sexy.